- n the system of numbering pages
- n a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
- n a book (or manuscript) consisting of large sheets of paper folded in the middle to make two leaves or four pages
the first folio of Shakespeare's plays
- A folio number is called and the bidding begins.
- Instead of simply duplicating the first-folio on film, Zeffirelli and his two co-writers, Franco Brusati and Masolino d'Amico, have blithely excised and elided speeches .
- Like first folio Shakespeares, each had an individual history.
News & Articles
- HGTV Offers Endless Home Décor Inspiration with Dreamy Free Design App “HGTV Folio”
Filled with beautiful photo galleries and detailed style guides curated by the experts at HGTV, the new HGTV Folio App allows fans to take design inspiration with them on the go. HGTV Folio, which is now available on the App StoreSM for free download on Apple iPad®, also offers users the “Find Your Style” interactive quiz, a step-by-step guide to identify personal design styles.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- X-Doria’s Dash Folio iPad mini Case Is Modest & Neat
X-Doria’s Dash Folio case for the iPad mini is a nice, modest case for everyday use. It protects your mini, looks good, is easy to use and is reasonably priced. It does everything a basic case should do.
June 12, 2013 - The Mac Observer
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad mini review
I’ve reviewed several iPad keyboard cases in my time at The Gadgeteer. All of them until now have been for the full-sized iPad, and most of those have been leather or faux leather folio cases. I don’t like folio cases for my iPad, because I just don’t use a keyboard very often, and the big [...]
June 9, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- Robert Mondavi in PR Web (press release)
Chris Millich brings the financial acumen our company needs as we continue to grow,said Michael Mondavi, founder and "coach," Folio Fine Wine Partners. "As an import company, fine wine agency and producer, Folio's business requires a...
- Simon Russell Beale in Times Online
Well, let's take Hamlet,Russell Beale explains. "The First Folio was so obviously an attempt to make a canonical record of Shakespeare's work that you instinctively feel that a great deal of thought must have gone into the problem of what...
- Jonathan Bate in New York Times
In some cases, the Quartos are probably closer to Shakespeare's original manuscript draft, but the Folio is closer to his playhouse,Mr. Bate writes in a superb introduction that deals with Shakespeare and his world as well as textual questions.