flyspeck : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tiny dark speck made by the excrement of a fly
- s very small
the flyspeck nation of Bahrain moved toward democracy
- Plus those youthful Marxists who flyspeck television listings for sporadic, interrupted revivals.
- Germany's Rommel had chased the broken, retreating British 325 miles in eleven days, had rammed his armored spearheads down the coastal desert from Matrh, taking the flyspeck .
- If it weren't so high 347 meters and had he been less desperate, Fletcher Christian probably never would have found the rocky island, a flyspeck just 1.
News & Articles
- A girl from Bear River turns 100 in town
Vera Brooks, who was born on Oct. 4, 1913, used to stare out her bedroom window in the flyspeck village of Bear River, Nova Scotia, and dream about going to the United States. There was a job opportunity for a nanny in a rural town outside Albany called Guilderland. Brooks was 23 years old when she arrived in 1936 to take care of a little girl across from the old Westmere firehouse. There was a ...
Oct. 9, 2013 - Albany Times Union