fluvial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or happening in a river
- Names and names, powerful fluvial swirls of names.
News & Articles
- Glacial buzz-saws, gold in fool's gold, fingerprints in sea water, and fluvial iron
( Geological Society of America ) New article postings for Geology cover glacial erosion and glacial slip; the work of marine organisms in changing the face of Earth; collisional shortening in the Central Alps; changes in sediment transport in Taiwan after typhoon Morakot in 2009; a new type of iron formation, dubbed "fluvial iron formation"; kimberlites in South Africa; using fossil marine ...
Oct. 18, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Simon Schama in Irish Times
Simon Schama, for example, described the Great Room as a "lamentable mishmash of allegory, history and fluvial landscape that topples over into unintended comedy".
- Luna Leopold in New York Times
The research resulted in a seminal book, "Fluvial Processes in Geomorphology" (1964), which Dr. Leopold wrote with M. Gordon Wolman and John P. Miller.