flu : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an acute febrile highly contagious viral disease
- Mexico is the epicenter of a deadly swine flu outbreak, which has been blamed for more than 150 deaths in the nation But there have been no deaths and few serious cases reported .
- The first reported death from swine flu in Mexico was a woman who worked for the government going door to door in Oaxaca.
- While it's true that pigs are a potent reservoir for potentially virulent flu strains, there's no telling where or in which species the current H1N1 swine flu originated.
News & Articles
- Flu Season Doctor Visits Reached Record at Early Peak
Patients visited outpatient clinics for flu-like illnesses at one of the highest recorded rates during the peak of last season, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported today.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- FLU NEWS SCAN: No H7N9 in Chinese health workers, flu season recap
Serum study finds no subclinical H7N9 in Chinese health workers A serologic study of healthcare workers in China's Zhejiang province, the area that has had the most cases in the H7N9 flu outbreak, found no asymptomatic infections with the new virus, according to a letter from Chinese researchers in Clinical Infectious Diseases . The group examined 126 serum samples from healthy healthcare ...
June 13, 2013 - Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
- Flu Shots at School Boost Vaccination Rates, Study Finds
Title: Flu Shots at School Boost Vaccination Rates, Study Finds Category: Health News Created: 6/10/2013 2:36:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/11/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 12, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Ban Ki-moon in Aljazeera.net
Amid many crises - food, energy, recession and pandemic flu, hitting all at once - the world looks to us for answers,Ban told the 192-nation assembly.
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
We are closely monitoring the emerging cases of swine flu,Obama said, only briefly addressing an outbreak for which the federal government on Sunday declared a public health emergency.
- Michael Bloomberg in AFP
The three schools, with a total of about 4,500 students, will close Friday and all next week in response to "an unusually high level of flu-like illnesses at those schools," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.