flooded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid
The images flooded his mind
- v cover with liquid, usually water
The swollen river flooded the village
The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes
- v supply with an excess of
- v become filled to overflowing
Our basement flooded during the heavy rains
- s covered with water
a flooded bathroom
- After the river breached, it headed south and soon flooded the villages in its path.
- A man carries a girl on his shoulders as he wades through a flooded street in Gonaives, Haiti, Monday, Sept.
- Washed-out roads and flooded interstate highways around Atlanta added to the misery Tuesday after days of torrential rain in the Southeast that claimed at least eight lives.
News & Articles
- At least 3 rescued, neighborhoods flooded
In Franklin County, N.Y., the rising Salmon River resulted in a handful of rescue operations, but more flooded basements. County emergency officials said Fort Covington, N.Y., saw the worst of these June floods. A State of Emergency was declared in the county Wednesday. “I knew that with all the rain this week it was only a matter of time,” said Susan Scott. She lives across the street from the ...
June 13, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Several downtown streets flooded following area storms
Residents are reporting several streets in downtown are flooded following storms that started Tuesday afternoon.Pictures from viewers show flooded streets in the area of North Market Street.
June 12, 2013 - Live 5 News Charleston
- If your Lincolnshire property flooded, officials want to hear from you
Weeks after parts of the town flooded, Lincolnshire officials want local residents to help them develop a flood mitigation plan. The team will identify steps that can be taken to prevent flood damage and ways to improve safety during a natural disaster, officials said.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Bob Bjornerud in Lethbridge Herald
Having toured many of the flooded areas and seen the impact of the extremely wet conditions first hand, we realized the urgent need for this additional support,said Saskatchewan Agriculture Minister Bob Bjornerud. "This year has brought...
- John McCain in NPR
I'm probably going to call him this morning. I thought he would probably be up late. I heard that his - that his phone lines were pretty well were flooded. But I think we're going to be spending some time together,McCain told the network.
- Rex Humbard in Forbes
Then, one night, listening to a visiting evangelist preach, I knew God was speaking to me,Humbard said in his autobiography. "I walked down the aisle and knelt at the altar and opened my heart to Jesus Christ. Light flooded my soul and I...