- v fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid
the basement was inundated after the storm
- v fill or cover completely, usually with water
- s covered with water
- It's another to be unwillingly inundated with each friend's latest Facebook antics.
- In the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the news media and New Orleans itself were inundated with people who were willing to talk the talk.
- Turkey's TV watchdog said it has been inundated with calls protesting Ersoy's comments.
News & Articles
- Gun-theft spree tied to permit map never materialized
The reaction was immediate, massive and virulent. On Dec. 23, when The Journal News posted an interactive map on its lohud.com website with the names and addresses of registered pistol-permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties, angry critics inundated the newspaper with phone calls and emails and took to social media to blast the release of the information.
June 16, 2013 - The Journal News
- Plaquemines Parish's main western thoroughfare, swamped by Hurricane Isaac floodwater, gets elevated
A section of western Plaquemines Parish's main thoroughfare, which was inundated by Hurricane Isaac floodwater last August and September, is getting raised about 2 feet to improve the evacuation route for future storms. The Louisiana Department of Transportation and...
June 15, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Sheriff: No damage or major injuries after flash flooding
Flash flooding inundated basements, farms, and roadways in parts of Schoharie County on Friday, but the sheriff said there are no reports of any injuries. He said the damage does not compare to that caused by Tropical Storm Irene.
June 14, 2013 - WNYT Albany
- Nelson Mandela in Gaea Times (blog)
In a statement Thursday, the Nelson Mandela Foundation said it had been "inundated with requests for meetings, and it will be impossible for Mr."
- Maung Maung in 999 Today
Burma's Minister for Relief and Resettlement Maung Maung Swe said: "The wave was up to 12ft [3.5m] high and it swept away and inundated half the houses in low-lying villages. They did not have anywhere to flee."
- Barack Obama in ABC News
She has been inundated with phone calls and e-mails and flowers from total strangers who have read about her in my first book,Obama told ABC News' Robin Roberts in an interview airing Friday on "Good Morning America."