fisherman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone whose occupation is catching fish
- Not the Greek fisherman's hat.
- And so that was the challenge for Pope Benedict XVI in the first year of his pontificate: how to fill the shoes of the last man who filled the shoes of the fisherman.
- At unpredictable moments the fisherman's mind fills with images of wide water, where brown trout hit large dry flies and pull long and hard.
- Joe Barton in Examiner.com
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs issued a statement saying that Barton's comments were "shameful" and that he appeared "to have more concern for big corporations that caused this disaster than the fisherman, small owners and communities...
- Rahm Emanuel in Voice of America
That is a philosophy. They see the aggrieved party here is BP, not the fisherman [of the Gulf states],he said. "That that would be the governing philosophy [of Republicans]. And I think what Joe Barton did is remind the American people -...
- Neil Jordan in Artvoice
I had this image of a fisherman [catching] this girl in his net,he explains. "It was a very captivating image and I designed a fairy tale around it. It was a challenge to construct a story that depends so much on fantasy, but that's what I...