- n a workplace where fish are caught and processed and sold
- Because according to those groups, the only option is to close the fishery they won't consider other options.
- Eagles soar overhead, scouting the rich fishery below.
- Take Alaska's halibut fishery, which began a catch-share program in 1995.
News & Articles
- West Coast senators want Alaska’s Bristol Bay protected
The federal Environmental Protection Agency is collecting public comments through the end of June on a proposed mining operation near Alaska’s salmon-rich Bristol Bay. In a pointed letter to President Obama, five West Coast senators expressed their concerns about the fishery resources and regi
June 12, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Peruvian fishery ‘well placed’ for eco-certification, says MSC on world’s primary omega-3 source
The world’s biggest omega-3 source – Peru’s anchovy fishery – is moving toward Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) backing although the certifier says work remains before the fishery attains the increasingly popular eco seal of approval.
June 11, 2013 - Nutraingredients.com
- International Meeting in Ireland Fails to Prevent Escalating Salmon Fishery at Greenland
The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is disappointed that the North Atlantic Salmon Conservation Organization (NASCO) has been unable to stop factory sales of wild Atlantic salmon in Greenland and has also failed to put a limit on Greenland’s subsistence fishery through negotiations held last week in Ireland. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6 ...
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Marthinus van Schalkwyk in Africasia
I remain of the view that the abalone resource is endangered due to ecological changes and poaching. This fishery is in a crisis and should be managed as an emergency. The closure of the abalone fishery is the right thing to do,said Van...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in San Francisco Chronicle
California's salmon runs are a treasured state resource and provide significant contributions to our economy and our environment,Schwarzenegger said. "Today's decision by the Pacific Fishery Management Council underscores our...
- Chris Gregoire in San Jose Mercury News
While the action is dramatic, they are doing it believing that they must do everything they can to make sure that we can get this fishery restored,Gregoire said.