- r with resolute determination
we firmly believed it
- r in a secure manner; in a manner free from danger
- r with firmness
- At the final reception for Poland's visiting Gomulka, stubby Nikita Khrushchev planted himself firmly with the Kremlin's whole hierarchy at his back, and faced the diplomats of the.
- Yet you also feel foolish watching a case like Gilbert's (if any case can be said to be like another) because, while both feet are planted firmly on the side of law and common .
- That matter, Nixon firmly declared, was off limits.
News & Articles
- Norway's opposition stretches poll lead as elections loom
OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's centre-right opposition widened an already big lead over the ruling Labor Party in opinion polls, putting it firmly on course to win elections in less than three months, a fresh poll showed on Thursday. Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, in office since 2005, has presided over a rare economic success story thanks to Norway's immense oil wealth, but voter discontent has ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Stocks Close Firmly Negative Amid Troubling News From Overseas - U.S. Commentary
After moving sharply lower at the start of trading on Tuesday, stocks saw some volatility over the course of the session but maintained a negative bias throughout the day. Disappointing news from overseas weighed on the markets. The major averages ended the day firmly in negative territory although off their lows for the session.
June 11, 2013 - RTT News
- German Market Firmly In Positive Territory
The German market is trading firmly in positive territory on Monday, as the monthly jobs report from the U.S. indicated that the economic growth is not gathering sufficient momentum for the Federal Reserve to scale down its bond-buying program. That said, worries about growth in China kept optimism in check.
June 10, 2013 - RTT News
- Colin Powell in Glasgow Evening Times
But I firmly believe that at this point in America's history, we need a president that will not just continue the policies that we have been following in recent years,Powell said. "I think we need a president who is a generational change...
- Markus Naslund in The Associated Press
The disappointment of not getting to the point where I firmly believe we had an opportunity to get, that being the Stanley Cup,he said. "Losing the way we did, especially the '02-'03 and '03-'04 seasons were tough ones. At that point, I...
- John Boehner in ì¡°ì„ ì¼ë³´(ì˜ë¬¸íŒ)
Among Republicans, House Minority Leader John Boehner said the administration's plan "makes clear is that the government is firmly in the business of running companies using taxpayer dollars."