financier : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person skilled in large scale financial transactions
- v conduct financial operations, often in an unethical manner
- You see, Wall Street financier David Pullman, who in 1997 rocked investors with "Bowie bonds," backed by royalties on the songs of David Bowie, is planning to create securities .
- The billionaire financier Carl Icahn.
- In 1983, financier Rich was indicted for evading more than $48 million in taxes, and charged with 51 counts of tax fraud, as well as running illegal oil deals with Iran during the .
News & Articles
- Shipping magnate Paul Soros, George Soros' brother, dies at 87
Shipping magnate Paul Soros, the older brother of billionaire financier George Soros, died in New York City on Saturday "after a long bout with a host of illnesses," his son Peter Soros confirmed. He was 87. Mr. Soros founded Soros Associates, "a world leader in the design and development of ...
June 16, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Photos: Shipping Magnate Paul Soros Dead at 87
He was the older brother of billionaire financier George Soros.
June 16, 2013 - ABC News
- Paul Soros, shipping magnate and older brother of financier George Soros, dies in NYC at 87
NEW YORK — Paul Soros, a successful innovator in shipping and the older brother of billionaire financier George Soros, has died in New York City. He was 87.
June 15, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Shimon Peres in Forbes
Today is a new age with new dangers and the greatest danger is that of oil,President Shimon Peres said. "It is the greatest polluter of our age and oil is the greatest financier of terror."
- Jeffrey Immelt in Washington Examiner
Immelt wrote to shareholders days after Obama's inauguration, "The interaction between government and business will change forever. In a reset economy, the government will be a regulator; and also an industry policy champion, a financier, and a key...
- Steve Lemme in MTV.com
We're like, three drafts into it,added Steve Lemme, who played the overly aggressive Mac in the film. "It's funny, because we have an independent financier - we have a lot of independent financiers - who are like, 'Give us that f---ing...