filing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the entering of a legal document into the public record
- n a fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
- n the act of using a file (as in shaping or smoothing an object)
- n preservation and methodical arrangement as of documents and papers etc.
I have some filing to do
- v record in a public office or in a court of law
- v smooth with a file
- v proceed in line
- v file a formal charge against
- v place in a container for keeping records
- The prosecutors filing says Lyons had known for about a year that Keyser had improperly kept classified documents at home.
- A rival campaign alerted me to these details from the Obama filing: $27.
- The filing comes as part of an attempt by Padilla's lawyers to win dismissal of criminal charges against him for supporting terrorism.