- s being nine more than fifty
- One hundred and fifty-nine seven-letter words, being the greatest assortment in a given length.
- John Swartzwelder wrote fifty-nine episodes of The Simpsons, including such classics as "Homer the Great" (the Stonecutter's show) and "Itchy and Scratchyland.
- At that point, the 1,500 track fans in the stands broke into such an uproar that the rest of the announcement was lost: "Three minutes, fifty-nine and four-tenths seconds.
- Ian Macdonald in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Macdonald said: "Fifty-nine large bands of locusts have been found in the last 24 hours. They were spotted by planes between Narrandera, Grong Grong and Ardlethan. The largest of these bands covers around 24 square kilometres - so it's a massive...
- Paul Goydos in DesMoinesRegister.com
Fifty-nine is one of those things I'll look back at and say, That's pretty cool,Goydos said.
- Zack Greinke in MLB.com
That kind of blew me away,Greinke said about Orel Hershiser's record 59-inning scoreless streak. "It's just about impossible to get to 34 nowadays. Fifty-nine, that's impossible. I would have been happy with 20."