- n a supporter of feminism
- a of or relating to or advocating equal rights for women
- I'm not just antimachismo, I'm a feminist.
- Murillo's feminist manifesto is intended to change the way Nicaraguan women look at feminism, but her views will hardly be deemed transformative she lauds the traditional role .
- Want to know what today's chic young feminist thinkers care about? Their bodies! Themselves!.
News & Articles
- Feminist Taylor Swift Twitter Made Our Day
The phrase “Feminist Taylor Swift” probably sounds a bit dissonant for a number of reasons we probably don’t have to go into but can touch on a bit, namely that her music (however catchy) tends to advance some particularly yucky and disempowering stereotypes, dichotomies, and general negative stuff. But now Feminist Taylor Swift is a [...] Feminist Taylor Swift Twitter Made Our Day is a post ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- The Best Tweets From ‘Feminist Taylor Swift.’ Yes, You Read That Correctly.
Taylor Swift is totally not a feminist, you guys. Or so she said earlier this year in an interview with The Daily Beast. But that’s not stopping one of her devoted fans from portraying the pop star as a young woman dedicated to fighting the patriarchy.
June 14, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Taylor Swift gets a feminist remix in this week’s funniest new Twitter
The not-quite-enlightened country star gets a makeover as an equal-rights crusader in "Feminist Taylor Swift"
June 14, 2013 - Salon.com
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Ms. Magazine
Following her speech, when asked if she considered herself to be a feminist, Sen. Clinton responded, "If you look in the dictionary, the word feminist means someone who believes in equal rights for women in society, in the economy, the political...
- Johnny Depp in Hollywoodnews.com
Depp confirmed "It's called 'My American Lover.' Vanessa plays the French feminist Simone de Beauvoir and I play her lover Nelson Algren."
- Kathleen Parker in CBS News
Parker said she thought Palin was a "refreshing feminist of a different order" when she joined the ticket, but it's become clear she doesn't know enough about economics or foreign policy to be president should that become necessary in a McCain...