- n a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War
- n any federal law-enforcement officer
- s national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units
the federal highway program
- a of or relating to the central government of a federation
a federal district is one set aside as the seat of the national government
- s being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
- a characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
a federal system like that of the United States
federal governments often evolved out of confederations
- The men and women selected to be federal air marshals spend 11 weeks in one of the best and most specialized federal law-enforcement training programs.
- You might think that federal buildings that house the Department of Justice or members of Congress would have decent security.
- FEDERAL AID Going it Alone Most college leaders, public and private, plead for more federal funds as the only way out of a cash crisis that grows increasingly serious each year.
News & Articles
- Federal agency approves Entergy grid transfer to ITC Holdings
(Reuters) - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) on Thursday approved Entergy Corp's $1.78 billion plan to spin off and then merge its electric transmission business with ITC Holdings Corp . FERC said in a statement that the transfer of assets is consistent with the public interest and meets the commission's merger policy. New Orleans-based Entergy and Michigan-based ITC are working ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Federal charges filed in Indy "sextortion" case
Federal charges have been filed against an Indianapolis man, alleging that for a year, he engaged in “sextortion ” and sexual assault targeting minor females in the Indianapolis area.
June 20, 2013 - Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
- Federal-Mogul's $1.9B loan declines as refinancing plan postponed
Bloomberg News - Federal-Mogul Corp.'s $1.9 billion term loan due in 2014 fell 2 cents today after the Carl Icahn-controlled auto parts supplier canceled plans to refinance $3.05 billion of debt, according to Markit Group Ltd.
June 20, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- Barack Obama in USA Today
Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others,Obama said during a naturalization ceremony for two dozen new US citizens, all of them members of the military.
- Samuel Alito in The Associated Press
In the majority decision, Justice Samuel Alito wrote that the Second Amendment right "applies equally to the federal government and the states."
- Bobby Jindal in The Associated Press
The federal government not being able to do its job is not a reason for thousands of Louisianians to lose their jobs,Jindal said.