- a having no feathers
a featherless biped
- Pretty soon they have the recipe for a big, featherless, wingless, toothy-jawed monster that looks a little like a cross between a dodo and a tiger.
- Sharon didn't help matters when he publicly derided his Palestinian counterpart as a "featherless chick" who needed Israel to do his dirty work for him a perception already .
- They have studied specimens of 3,700 species, including the featherless biped, Homo sapiens.
News & Articles
- Book News: 'Tweet,' 'Geekery' Make The Oxford English Dictionary
The daily lowdown on books, publishing, and the occasional author behaving badly. The word "tweet" (in the featherless sense) has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary, together with a batch of other tech-y words such as "geekery," "crowdsourcing" and "e-reader." OED chief editor John Simpson writes that adding tweet "breaks at least one OED rule, namely that a new word needs to be current ...
June 17, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Marilyn Manson in MTV.com
Marilyn Manson, on the other hand, said that his marriage to Dita Von Teese left him a "naked, featherless bird," People reports.
- Mahmoud Abbas in Ha'aretz
After all, Abbas began his career in power under Arafat and then, when he replaced him as chairman, the reception he received in the corridors of Israeli power were at best insulting: He was described as "a featherless chick."