- n a feeling of favorable regard
- n an inclination to approve
- n an advantage to the benefit of someone or something
- n souvenir consisting of a small gift given to a guest at a party
- n an act of gracious kindness
- v treat gently or carefully
- v bestow a privilege upon
- v promote over another
- v consider as the favorite
- It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution.
- America's allies would rally to him: the global electoral college on our website shows a landslide in his favour.
- Mining giant Rio Tinto on June 5, 2009 cancelled its controversial tie-up with China's Chinalco in favour of a joint venture with fierce rival BHP Billiton and a $15.
News & Articles
- UK court rules in Tullow's favour in Uganda tax case
LONDON (Reuters) - Africa-focused oil explorer Tullow Oil said on Friday that a London court ruled in its favour in a case brought against Heritage Oil over Ugandan tax. The case was centred on over $400 million worth of capital gains tax demands made by the Ugandan government after Tullow's former partner, Heritage Oil, sold assets in the East African country to Tullow in a $1.45 billion deal ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Tullow Oil wins court case over Uganda tax dispute
LONDON (Reuters) - Tullow Oil said on Friday a London court had ruled in its favour in a case the oil company brought against Heritage Oil over tax payable on the sale of oil fields in Uganda. "Mr. ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Silvercrest Mines Shareholders Vote In Favour Of All Items Of Business
Silvercrest Mines Shareholders Vote In Favour Of All Items Of Business
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Asif Ali Zardari in Reuters UK
We're not doing anybody a favour,Zardari said. "We are aware of the fact it's ...... Taliban...... trying to take over the state of Pakistan. So, we're fighting for the survival of Pakistan. We're not fighting for the survival of anybody...
- Mark Serwotka in Sky News
PCS general secretary Mark Serwotka said: "It is absolutely outrageous that the Government is seeking to change the law to get around the clear decision of the High Court, which has ruled twice in our favour. The court has ruled that detrimental...
- Floyd Landis in Toronto Star
This ruling is a blow to athletes and cyclists everywhereLandis said. "For the Panel to find in favour of USADA when, with respect to so many issues, USADA did not manage to prove even the most basic parts of their case shows that this...