- n an act of gracious kindness
- n an advantage to the benefit of someone or something
the outcome was in his favor
- n an inclination to approve
that style is in favor this season
- n a feeling of favorable regard
- n souvenir consisting of a small gift given to a guest at a party
- v promote over another
he favors his second daughter
- v consider as the favorite
The local team was favored
- v treat gently or carefully
- v bestow a privilege upon
- Whether you're one of those Windy City residents who favor Chicago's bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics or you believe the whole project is just ripe for Capone-style corruption .
- A lopsided 73% favor reinstating the ban on assault weapons that expired recently without being reauthorized.
- Democrats and Republicans were identically split along partisan lines: 73% of Democrats in favor of the investigation, 75% of Republicans against; 23% percent of Democrats against .
- Jeff Sessions in Los Angeles Times
Sessions said he would not support a nominee "who believes it is acceptable for a judge to allow their personal background, gender, prejudices to sway their decision in favor of, or against, parties before the court."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
No faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor,Obama said.
- Russ Feingold in Politico
General Petraeus is clearly qualified for this position and, accordingly, I voted in favor of his confirmation,said Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), a leading war critic. "But regardless of who is in command, the president's current strategy...