- n a rural area where farming is practiced
- n arable land that is worked by plowing and sowing and raising crops
- Faced with feeding every fifth person on the planet with less than one-tenth of the world's farmland, Beijing has been pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into transgenic crop .
- Those hidden prices are the creeping erosion of our fertile farmland, cages for egg-laying chickens so packed that the birds can't even raise their wings and the scary rise of .
- One is the savage flooding North Korea experienced in August of last year, which devastated large swaths of farmland, thus limiting the North's own ability to produce grain.
- President Bush in Austin American-Statesman
America's farm economy is thriving,Bush said during a Rose Garden news conference. "The value of farmland is skyrocketing. And this is the right time to reform our nation's farm policies by reducing unnecessary subsidies."
- Jan Egeland in BBC News
Mr Egeland added: "Cluster bombs have affected large areas - lots of homes, lots of farmland. They will be with us for many months, possibly years. Every day, people are maimed, wounded and killed by these weapons. It shouldn't have happened."
- Saddam Hussein in BBC News
I razed them...... we specified the farmland of those who were convicted and I signed,Saddam Hussein told the court.