- n an acknowledgment or expression of goodwill at parting
- n the act of departing politely
he disliked long farewells
- In Manhattan last week, 66-year-old Ernestine Schumann-Heink, sang her farewell.
News & Articles
- A moving farewell to a retiring principal
After 36 years, a principal retires but not before a surprise farewell from the school community.
June 21, 2013 - Washington Post
- LETTER: A fond farewell to Superintendent Pete Miller
EDITOR: With a fond farewell, I wish Pete Miller, superintendent of Somerset Hills School District, the very best in the next stage of life. He has served the district with a calm intelligence and ste
June 21, 2013 - The Bernardsville News
- Social Farewell Allows You to Post Online After Death
A Minnesota man launched a new social media site this week that allows people to leave meaningful thoughts after death. Dave Stewart launched Social Farewell, a site that lets you plan what you'd really like to say to friends and family on social media, should you die unexpectedly. "We're allowing people to have that comfort of, 'I know what my last post is going to be, it's there for my family ...
June 21, 2013 - Local 12 Cincinnati
- Kylie Minogue in United Press International
It is with absolute gratitude and joy that I say farewell to 2007 and look forward to what the New Year will bring,said Minogue.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn in FOXNews
He gave Russian culture worldwide fame. Farewell, beloved friend,Solzhenitsyn said.
- David Gilmour in FOXNews
There have been all sorts of farewell moments in people's lives and careers which they have then rescinded, but I think I can fairly categorically say that there won't be a tour or an album again that I take part in,said Gilmour. "It isn't...