- a relating to or having the characteristics of a family
children of the same familial background
- s occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
- De La Hoya can't match that kind of familial dysfunction, even though he imported some of it for a while.
- It's familial--the bond of two sets of fathers and sons: Jor-El and Superman, then Superman and Jason.
- So every time my husband calls his mother to chat about the latest football scores, he takes us all another step further down the path of familial harmony.
News & Articles
- Racial differences found in genetic and environmental influences on problem drinking
The environment in which African-American girls are raised tends to protect them against problem use of alcohol, shows a new Yale University study of more than 3,500 twins. By contrast, familial environmental factors tend to significantly increase problem use of alcohol in girls of European descent, according to the study published June 13 in the journal Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental ...
June 13, 2013 - Yale University Office of Public Affairs
- Pow Wow festival in Cherokee
The 38th annual Cherokee Pow Wow Festival is June 14-16 at the Acqouni Expo Center (Old Cherokee High School). The Pow Wow is a three-day festival of drums, songs and dance, where strong personal, familial and spiritual traditions are paired with a healthy dose of competition.
June 12, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- UCSF and Harvard Trained Doctor Joins DoctorBase as Chief Medical Officer
Zachary Landman Brings Familial Roots to the Future of mHealth (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10820665.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Margo MacDonald in Independent
This arrest provides proof positive that familial DNA searches must be a part of law enforcement's crime-fighting arsenal. Although the adoption of this new state policy was unprecedented and controversial, in certain cases, it is the only way to... Jerry Brown http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brown&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEWYK9XUvGd7eZ2B1dzr6rN8otKfQ ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/familys-dna-led-police-grim-sleeper-serial-killer/story%3Fid%3D11116381&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHP8wLZ8TDtipUH9UQx5-hsyFozPg Jul 8, 2010
36199 45785 familial As you know, I have a degenerative condition," said Ms MacDonald, 64. "And I would like to have the right to determine by how much my capacity to fulfil my social function, my familial functions, my personal functions is going to be...
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Globe and Mail
I don't see why a proof of fraternal, familial love for Quebec has to feed us proof of defiance toward Canada,Mr. Sarkozy told a news conference behind the fortified walls of the Citadel.