- v transfer to another
- v transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
- v broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
- v send from one person or place to another
- s occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
genetically transmitted features
- As older generations lead increasingly active sex lives, research shows they may also be suffering from a rise in sexually transmitted diseases.
- HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection; the Centers for Disease Control estimates that 20 million Americans carry it.
- The purpose of the research--part of the huge National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health--was to learn how sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) travel through teen populations.
News & Articles
- SPARK to host discussion on STDs
The Students and Parents Against Risks to Kids (SPARK) organization will address sexually transmitted diseases at its next meeting.
June 16, 2013 - Southlake Times
- Atomic clocks to become even more accurate
The ultimate accessory in exact timekeeping — the atomic clock — is set to become even more precise, after ultrashort laser pulses were successfully transmitted across open air to help synchronize the "ticking" of new optical atomic clocks. Keeping extremely precise time is not just a question of scientific achievement. It is a key to many modern technologies, from Global Positioning Systems ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Scientists examine wheat disease economics
Charlie Rush, a Texas A&M AgriLife Research plant pathologist in Amarillo, is leading a team looking at wheat diseases transmitted by mites.
June 15, 2013 - Amarillo Globe-News
- Sheila Jackson Lee in International Herald Tribune
Every single vote must be counted fairly, and the numbers must be transmitted so decisions can be made,said Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Texas Democrat who was one of several American lawmakers monitoring the election.
- Joao Moutinho in Independent
Moutinho said: "Everton have already made a proposal, but Sporting did not accept. We will now see what happens in the next few days. But Sporting already know my will, I have already transmitted it to the people here. What is my will? With the...
- Julie Gerberding in Forbes
This is a bacteria that is really transmitted through the air, and generally to people who are in closed spaces for very long periods of time,Dr. Julie Gerberding, director of CDC, told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.