- s dissenting (especially dissenting with the majority opinion)
- Yet the official opposition to Marcos remained fatally factious, divided into more than a dozen self-seeking groups, each of them tainted either by extremist positions .
- Now, from exile in London, he broke a long silence, urged his factious countrymen to unite under the Liberation banner of fighting Marshal Tito.
- It will, we may hope, be an Opposition which is neither factious nor unsympathetic with the blunders of mere inexperience.
- Lachlan Macquarie in Sydney Morning Herald
Macquarie wrote a second list of 13 enemies in 1821, under the title "factious and dissatisfied".
- James Madison in The Chattanoogan
In the Federalist Papers, James Madison wrote, "Men of factious tempers, of local prejudices, or of sinister designs, may, by intrigue, by corruption, or by other means, first obtain the suffrages, and then betray the interests, of the people."
- Melissa Gilbert in Hollywood Reporter
The one thing I will say is that for as fractured and factious and divided and divisive as we appear, this guild will absolutely stand shoulder-to-shoulder if there is a fight to be fought,SAG president Melissa Gilbert says.