divisive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s dissenting (especially dissenting with the majority opinion)
- We are not going to get changes by simply shifting around the same groups of insiders, the same tired old rhetoric, the same unkept promises and the same divisive appeals to .
- RESPONSE TO MCCAIN ATTACK ON THIS WEEK: McCain offers only a 3rd term of divisive tactics and failed policies Unable to sell his out-of-touch ideas on the economy and Iraq, John .
- Even more divisive would be an electoral tie, a real possibility since polls in 11 swing states are too close to call.
News & Articles
- EU finance ministers fail to agree on bank rules
LUXEMBOURG (AP) — European Union finance ministers negotiating almost around the clock broke up unsuccessful talks on Saturday on how to downsize or close banks without letting taxpayers foot the bill and faced a danger that the divisive issue could undermine trust in Europe's ability to stabilize its financial system.
June 22, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Editorial: Superintendent José Banda survives divisive Seattle School Board’s judgment
The Seattle School Board’s split over Superintendent José Banda’s first-year evaluation is more of the same from a divisive board.
June 21, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Va. newspaper removes 'Democrat' from name, citing divisive political climate in US
WARRENTON, Va. — A newspaper in Virginia is removing the word "Democrat" from its name because of the nation's increasingly divisive politics. In an editorial (http://bit.ly/102C4gg) published Wednesday, The Fauquier (faw-KEER') Times-Democrat announced it would now be known as the Fauquier Times.
June 19, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Barack Obama in Afrik.com
I am a strong believer in civility and in a bipartisan foreign policy but that cause is not served with dishonest, divisive attacks of the sort we have seen from George Bush and John McCain over the last couple of days,said Mr Obama yesterday.
- Bill Clinton in msnbc.com
Clinton agreed to raise the offer of a seat on a presidential advisory board or another executive board if Sestak dropped his bid, "which would avoid a divisive Senate primary," the report said.
- Jesse Jackson in NBC5.com
In a statement, Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. said he was, "deeply outraged and disappointed," by his father's remarks. "His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee -- and I believe the next president of the...