- a still in existence; not extinct or destroyed or lost
specimens of graphic art found among extant barbaric folk"- Edward Clodd
- After years of searching, no extant pictures of my father have ever been found.
- The lawyer remarked that she was surprised that such an archaic law was still extant.
- Through his private Kaplan Foundation, formed a decade ago, he has immersed himself in the composer's life and music, tracking down every extant photograph of Mahler for a book and .
News & Articles
- Scalia Contradicts Himself On Respect For Congress In DOMA Dissent
Though not reportedly as angry as he was delivering his dissent from the bench ten years ago in Lawrence v. Kansas , the case that struck down all extant anti-sodomy laws in the country, Justice Antonin Scalia today delivered another bench dissent in the DOMA case, United States v. Windsor , in which he railed against the majority's lack of respect for Congress and their eagerness to judge the ...
June 26, 2013 - SFist
- Molecular Analysis of the Mountain Beaver Recommends Joining of Two Subspecies
The Journal of Mammalogy presents a study of the Aplodontiidae family, which contains one extant genus and only one species—the mountain beaver, Aplodontia rufa. Through phylogenetic analysis of this Pacific Northwest mammal, researchers have found that two subspecies are actually one and the same. (PRWeb June 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10864634 ...
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Michael Luttig in ABC Online
The Government's actions "have left not only the impression that Padilla may have been held for these years, even if justifiably, by mistake - an impression we would have thought the Government could ill afford to leave extant," Judge J Michael...
- Mike Jackson in AFP
At this point, we have a mess. It seems that UNSCR 1244 remains extant until the Security Council removes it -- but Russia will not allow this,Jackson said. "So what happens to the current UN mission in Kosovo? Do the staff of recognising...