explicitness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n clarity as a consequence of being explicit
- The erotic trouble with the novel doesn't end with its explicitness, however.
- And the shock scenes are closer to the murky threat of Val Lewton's '40s horror movies than to the slice-and-dice explicitness of the Saw and Hostel slasher series.
- As used here, the explicitness amounts to not much more than a shill, a come-on.
News & Articles
- Post Tenebras Lux
Highly Recommended THE FILM I suppose there's a certain degree of "shock value" to the work of the fascinating, tremendously gifted Mexican writer-director Carlos Reygadas. In films like his debut, 2002's Jap n , or his despairingly gorgeous 2005 masterpiece, Battle in Heaven , a deadpan, unflinching, near-pornographic (except much too dispassionate) sexual explicitness vis- -vis physically ...
Aug. 28, 2013 - DVD Talk
- John Updike in calendarlive.com
The sexual descriptions set a new mark for explicitness in a work of non-pornographic intent,Updike wrote. "Obviously, it was playful, but I felt I had warned people. I had dealt with it. And then I realized, 'Wait a minute. There's a lot...
- Naomi Wolf in Sydney Morning Herald
And as we do so, we'd do well to remember that, as Wolf wrote in 1990, "Sexual explicitness is not the issue."