explorer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)
- n a commercial browser
- It's third time lucky for the veteran British explorer, as he's finally conquered Mount Everest (and his fear of heights).
- For the occasion, the 72-year-old hero of the day, snow-thatched Hiram Bingham, ex-Senator from Connecticut (1924-33), ex-Yale professor and explorer, had come all the way from .
- The swashbuckling vocation of global explorer is not what it used to be: most of the blank spots in the atlas have long been filled in.
News & Articles
- River Gorge Explorer Earns Certificate of Excellence
The Tennessee Aquariumâs River Gorge Explorer recently earned the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. This designation places the River Gorge Explorer among the top ten percent businesses on Trip Advisor. The award is given to businesses that consistently earn high ratings from TripAdvisor travelers. ...
June 18, 2013 - WTVC Chattanooga
- 2014 Ford Explorer Reviewed, Ram Trucks Recall, Transformers 4: Car News Headlines
Today at The Car Connection, we reviewed the 2014 Ford Explorer and Nissan priced the 2014 Versa Note hatchback. Chrysler issued a recall for certain 2013 Ram trucks, and we took a closer look at the 2013 Audi Allroad's handling and competition. All this and more in today's car news, right here on The Car Connection. Nissan priced the 2014 Versa...
June 17, 2013 - The Car Connection
- Travelers Down Under Have More Freedom to Explore the South Pacific with the Air New Zealand Explorer Pass
This month Air New Zealand launches its anticipated Air New Zealand Explorer Pass fare product. Designed to encourage visitors to New Zealand to explore more of the region, the pas
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Arthur C Clarke in International Herald Tribune
Sometimes I am asked how I would like to be remembered,Clarke said. "I have had a diverse career as a writer, underwater explorer and space promoter. Of all these I would like to be remembered as a writer."
- Jim Nantz in Newsweek
During a memorial service Tuesday morning at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz called McKay "a modern-day explorer."
- Todd Haynes in South Western Rural Advertiser
Heath was a true artist, a deeply sensitive man, an explorer, gifted and wise beyond his years. There is no finer person on this earth,Haynes said.