- n a person who enjoys taking risks
- n someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)
- Richard Branson pays tribute to a lost adventurer, who soared to new heights and took us along for the ride.
- Sir Edmund Hillary: A visit with the world's greatest living adventurer.
- In 2000 adventurer Doug Stoup became the first American to ski from the Antarctic coast to the South Pole.
News & Articles
- Review: Evoland compresses three decades of video game history into one game
In Evoland, you play a nameless (until you eventually unlock the ability to name yourself) adventurer, who wanders a rapidly changing world, stabbing monsters and looking for chests, without purpose (until you unlock the "Storyline" feature). Evoland began as a contest entry for 24-hour videogame design, and was sufficiently well received that Shiro Games expanded it into a full commercial ...
June 14, 2013 - PC World
- By persevering, our daddy-longlegs succeeds
As a little girl I dreamed of becoming an adventurer like the people I saw in the movies. They usually wore khaki-colored clothes. Their vests and shirts had lots of pockets. They needed somewhere to put all their found treasures. I had my own adventures in the alley that ran past our house. I found many treasures there. Treasures that only had value to me. And yet, they always told a story ...
June 14, 2013 - Sioux City Journal
- Briefs: Artist’s reception Friday for self-taught photographer
The Colusa County Arts Council will host a reception for the late John S. Ames from 6-8 p.m. Friday, 430 Market St., Suite C, Colusa. John Ames was an adventurer, self-taught photographer, pilot and business owner who in 1969 took a job in Nicaragua,...
June 12, 2013 - Colusa County Sun-Herald
- Helen Clark in BBC News
The legendary mountaineer, adventurer, and philanthropist is the best-known New Zealander ever to have lived,Ms Clark said in a statement. "But most of all he was a quintessential Kiwi. He was ours - from his craggy appearance to laconic...
- Masi Oka in FOXNews
He's wide-eyed. He's an adventurer,says Oka. "He's someone who was stuck in the monotony of being a cubicle office worker thinking there's got to be more to life, and he never gave up on that dream. I'm fortunate to live variously through...