exhaustion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n extreme fatigue
- n serious weakening and loss of energy
- n the act of exhausting something entirely
- EIGHTFISH Getty Of the many factors that contribute to poor performance on standardized tests like the SAT, nerves and exhaustion, surprisingly, may not rank very high.
- Never mind what you've been told about relaxing, taking deep breaths and staying calm through the SAT, a little mental exhaustion might actually help your score.
- Mild cases of heat exhaustion--a serious but not necessarily life-threatening condition--should respond rather quickly to a few simple measures.
News & Articles
- Harleysville resident wins grand prize on TNT's '72 Hours'
Despite their exhaustion and near dehydration, Eric Martin’s team was the first to reach the shining silver briefcase containing the $100,000 prize on June 13’s episode of TNT’s new competition series “72 Hours.”
June 21, 2013 - Souderton Independent
- Doctor provides sun safety tips
Taking a proactive stance toward sun exposure can reduce the chances of running into heat exhaustion or other hot-weather issues this summer, according to Dr. Thomas Bowden.
June 21, 2013 - The Daily News
- NBA Finals, Spurs vs. Heat: Lasting impressions from a wild Game 6
You could see the exhaustion, the disappointment, the chagrined acknowledgement of what had just been lost in the face of Manu Ginobili after the Miami Heat's incredible 103-100 victory in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals. There are times when the pressures that come with being a modern athlete just seem too cruel, and this particular post-game press conference was one of them. Ginobili, for all ...
June 19, 2013 - SB Nation
- Mohammad Akram in Discovery Channel
His condition is not good. He has some bruises and frostbite and exhaustion,Akram said.
- Silvio Berlusconi in International Herald Tribune
I collapsed from exhaustion, from the heat, from hard work, from antibiotics I am taking for a knee operation,Berlusconi said before he was driven to Milan from the estate.
- Billy Gillispie in Forbes
I've never been a part of a deal other than the NCAA tournament where you had to expend so much energy physically and emotionally,Gillispie said. "We try to teach our guys to play to exhaustion and I think that's a real quality that hardly...