exegesis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an explanation or critical interpretation (especially of the Bible)
- In his Christian Beacon, he offered an ingenious exegesis of the Cana account: "Jesus Christ never drank any fermented wine, neither did he ever make fermented wine.
- Avidly collected, taught on an industrial scale, buoyed up by reams of historical exegesis and critical debate, photography in America has moved into the public eye, rather as .
- At a certain point, however, Edington ran out of verses for exegesis.
News & Articles
- Why Best Practices Might Be Hurting You
Anyone can learn how to write or paint or play music, but the virtuosos who have historically merited our most thorough exegesis have been those who were willing to stretch the boundaries of text, of music, of art, in new directions – Youngme Moon If you’ve been on the web for more than a [...] Author information Srinivas Rao Srinivas Rao is the host and cofounder of BlogcastFM where he's ...
July 28, 2013 - Search Engine Journal
- James T Draper in Florida Baptist Witness
Draper praised Vines' preaching, noting, "His careful exegesis of God's Word and his skillful craftsmanship of words has made him one of the most significant and appealing preachers of our time."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Zenit News Agency
In 'Milestones,' Qutb endorses the Quranic exegesis of the medieval Islamic scholar Ibn Qayyim (1292-1350). Qutb writes: '[A]ccording to the explanation by Imam Ibn Qayyim, the Muslims were first restrained from fighting; then they were permitted... Robert Spencer http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Spencer&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGWSwMLYXmN9XcDpxYoO_feqclopA WorldNetDaily http://www.google.com/url?q=http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp%3FARTICLE_ID%3D51981&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG_5g7Xu5tWLf5ziIoTRCx6IVQMPA Sep 14, 2006
35023 44663 exegesis In the progress of exegesis, above all in the last 200 years, the convergences between Catholic and Protestant exegesis also grow, thus bringing about a notable consensus precisely in the point that was at the origin of the greatest historical...