- n immunity from an obligation or duty
- n a deduction allowed to a taxpayer because of his status (having certain dependents or being blind or being over 65 etc.)
additional exemptions are allowed for each dependent
- n an act exempting someone
- He admitted that exemption "necessarily operates to afford an indirect economic benefit" but he felt that the practice does not produce the kind of governmental "sponsorship .
- Lott's conservative critics, quite rightly, made a big fuss about his filing of a brief arguing that BJU should get the exemption despite its racist ban on interracial dating.
- The McCain plan promises to increase the dependent exemption that a married couple could claim for each of their two children by $500.
News & Articles
- Golf: Zac Blair accepts exemption to play Utah Championship
Golf: Zac Blair accepts exemption to play Utah Championship The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 19, 2013 02:42PM MDT Thanks to an exemption, Ogden native and BYU golfer Zac Blair will play the Web.com’s Utah Championship on July 11-14 at Willow Creek Country Club. In 2009, Blair won the Utah State Amateur. He’s also won the Cache Valley Amateur, the Salt Lake City Amateur, the Coral Canyon ...
June 19, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Sports briefs: Championship exemption for Blair, WSU and UVU athletes qualify
UTAH CHAMPIONSHIP EXEMPTION FOR BLAIR
June 19, 2013 - Deseret News
- Wichita Seeks Exemption From New State Gun Law
The Wichita City Council is requesting an exemption from the state's new concealed carry law, which goes into effect July 1.
June 18, 2013 - KAKE Wichita
- Ted Thompson in ESPN
It's been a year since we've seen Koren, so our first step is to have him return to Green Bay,Thompson said in a statement. "The Packers will request a roster exemption, during which time we would see where Koren is at in terms of football...
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Mr. Obama said in a statement the amendment "would carve out a special exemption for these lenders that would allow them to inflate rates, insert hidden fees into the fine print of paperwork, and include expensive add-ons that catch purchasers by...