- v pronounce not guilty of criminal charges
- The defendant attempted to exculpate himself by providing an alibi that placed him far from the scene of the crime.
- Every member of the caucus tried to exculpate himself by declaring that he took part in the plot under duress.
- These days the Kremlin's Communists have one basic task on their minds: they hope, by pinning responsibility for Communist crimes of the past 20 years on Stalin, to exculpate .
- William O Douglas in Washington Post
In reversing the conviction, Justice William O. Douglas said: "A prosecution that withholds evidence on demand of an accused which, if made available, would tend to exculpate him or reduce the penalty helps shape a trial that bears heavily on the...
- Igor Judge in ABS CBN News
Judge said the legislation did not "exempt, nor make an exception, nor create a defense for, nor exculpate what some would describe as a terrorism in a just cause."