esophagus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the passage between the pharynx and the stomach
- Often, however, heartburn comes with a backflow of partly digested food from the stomach into the esophagus.
- Its aim: to give Mike an artificial esophagus, made from a part of the intestine.
- All the surgeon could do was close the opening between esophagus and windpipe, and bring the end of the upper section of the esophagus outside the neck to provide drainage; Denise .
News & Articles
- Ten Things to Know About Esophageal Cancer and African American Men
Cancer of the esophagus is beginning to level off in the United States, but one type of esophageal cancer remains a serious threat to African-American men, especially if they drink and smoke.
June 12, 2013 - Newswise
- West Penn Allegheny Clinical Trial Tests New Barrett's Esophagus Treatment
Pittsburgh researchers are investigating whether a new ablation technology can provide safer and more effective treatment for patients with Barrett’s esophagus, a condition that can progress to esophageal cancer if left untreated. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823110.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- GerdNerd! 5 Acid Reflux Myths
BACKGROUND: One in ten Americans experiences heartburn symptoms at least once a week. Heartburn is a painful burning feeling in the chest or throat. It happens when stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a digestive disorder that affects the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach. Many people ...
June 11, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Christopher Hitchens in New York Times (blog)
I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus,he said. "This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice."
- Tom Lantos in CBS News
Routine medical tests have revealed that I have cancer of the esophagus. In view of this development and the treatment it will require, I will not seek reelection,Lantos said in a statement.
- Joe Barton in Washington Post
I found out I had Barrett's Syndrome and the next step is cancer of the esophagus, then they have to take the voice box out, which stopped me right in my tracks. I was very lucky we caught it in time. A lot of people think it's heartburn but I knew... Brian Johnson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Johnson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHhMk7rY-Gcgv4K82x91i2Sk3-C_g Voxy http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.voxy.co.nz/entertainment/nz-exclusive-rock-interviews-acdc039s-brian-johnson/5/36678&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGO0n6AMcn2QHw_WZDm9VRVs_Ccqw Jan 28, 2010
34114 43630 esoteric We're not going to let jobs be destroyed in America for some esoteric environmental benefit 100 years from now," US House of Representatives member Joe Barton told Reuters on the sidelines of the UN conference on climate change.