err : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to make a mistake or be incorrect
- v wander from a direct course or at random
- All in a Night's Work (Hal Wallis; Paramount) is a comedy of errors.
- The President's solution, to "err on the side of life," seems the only humane answerif there is a dispute between parents and spouse, and the disabled person has left no clear .
- In very general terms, Republicans would prefer to err on the side of undercounting and Democrats would prefer to err on the side of overcounting.
News & Articles
- Golf briefs for Thursday, June 13, 2013
The 26th annual Err-Sker-Ber tournament is slated for Saturday, June 22 at Shady Oaks golf course, south of Amboy. It begins at 10 a.m. Entry fee is $50 and includes golf, cart, t-shirt and a hole-in-one contest.
June 13, 2013 - SaukValley.com
The Daily News always seeks to be accurate in its news coverage, but when we make a mistake, we want to know. Readers noting mistakes in stories are encouraged to call city editor Katie Lovett or editor John Macone at 978-462-6666. ¢¢¢ To correct err
June 13, 2013 - The Daily News of Newburyport
- Mental fitness at issue for Arlington Heights man accused of killing dad
Saying she wanted to "err on the side of caution," Cook County Judge Ellen Mandletor on Wednesday set a July 2 date for a hearing on defendant Steven Cole's mental fitness to stand trial. Cole, 42, is charged with murder in the 2011 stabbing death of his father Stuart Cole, 69, in the family's Arlington Heights home
June 12, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Frank Cownie in Newsday
Mayor Frank Cownie said the evacuations were an attempt "to err on the side of citizens and residents."
- John Roberts in ABC News
The First Amendment requires us to err on the side of protecting political speech rather than suppressing it,Roberts wrote. "Where the First Amendment is implicated, the tie goes to the speaker, not the censor."
- Julie Gerberding in ABC News
Is the patient himself highly infectious? Fortunately, in this case, he's probably not,CDC Director Dr. Julie Gerberding said. "But the other piece is this bacteria is a very deadly bacteria. We just have to err on the side of caution."