- v become ground down or deteriorate
Her confidence eroded
- v remove soil or rock
Rain eroded the terraces
- s worn away as by water or ice or wind
- The land along the water here had been hammered by years of cattle grazing, the banks eroded after willows were removed to make way for more hay.
- The Tamils claim that in the 37 years since Sri Lanka achieved independence from Britain, their political rights have been gradually eroded by the Sinhalese majority.
- Yet what was once expected to be a more high-minded campaign has quickly eroded into something disappointing and familiar.
News & Articles
- Endo Health Unit Pays $55 Million in Vaginal Mesh Accord
An Endo Health Solutions (ENDP) Inc. unit agreed to pay $54.5 million to settle some lawsuits alleging its vaginal-mesh implants eroded in some women and left them incontinent and in pain.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Endo Health Unit Pays $55 M in Vaginal Mesh Settlements
An Endo Health Solutions Inc. unit agreed to pay $54.5 million to settle some lawsuits in its vaginal-mesh implants injury cases that eroded in some women and left them incontinent and in pain. According to Endo’s American Medical Systems Inc.'s securities filing, the medical-device maker is resolving a number of suits over the company’s vaginal-mesh devices, which include the Perigee, Apogee ...
June 21, 2013 - Injury Board
- Iowa City expects to have flood damage estimate next week
IOWA CITY — Iowa City officials expect to have an estimate next week for the damage caused by this month’s flood. Included in the cost will be reseeding the grass in Lower City Park, which was covered with water for more than two weeks, removing debris and shoring up eroded riverbanks, Public Works Director [...]
June 20, 2013 - The Gazette
- Liam Donaldson in International Herald Tribune
Cheap alcohol is killing us as never before,Chief Medical Officer Liam Donaldson said as he delivered his annual Public Health report. "The quality of life of families and in cities and towns up and down the country is being eroded by the...
- Billy Payne in SI.com
There's a lot of arithmetic in this,Payne said. "What you don't want is all of a sudden to have 100 playing participants, and we have arguably eroded the quality of the tournament. Notwithstanding folks' opinion of how the best way to get...
- Asif Ali Zardari in Los Angeles Times
The incompetence and failure of his policies has thrown the country into the worst power shortage in its history . . . and eroded the trust of the nation in national institutions,said Zardari, the widower of former Prime Minister Benazir...