- v become ground down or deteriorate
Her confidence eroded
- v remove soil or rock
Rain eroded the terraces
- As a result, many employees in the private sector will get hit with a double whammy: while their pensions erode, increasingly they will be hit with cuts in government services and .
- In Paris he can be counted on to be an equally abrasive advocate, doing his best to erode American stamina with long-winded tirades and propaganda points before the negotiators .
- Brown said he had established several other front groups to fund a long-range effort to erode Obama's support, including a second PAC, called The Legacy Committee, a 527 .
News & Articles
- Brazil offers new credit line as Rousseff pushes positive agenda
By Carl Patchen BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazil will hand out 17 billion reais ($8 billion) in cheap loans for home appliance purchases, the government said on Wednesday, in a move to bolster Brazilians' buying power as a lackluster economy and high inflation erode its approval rating. President Dilma Rousseff, a leftist economist who plans to run for re-election next year, saw her high popularity ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Crude Supply Rises in Survey on Output: Energy Markets
U.S. crude supplies probably rose last week as production increased and imports rebounded, threatening to erode prices after their biggest gain since April, a Bloomberg survey showed.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Soft drinks may erode teeth as badly as drugs
A new study suggests soda can erode teeth as badly as illegal drugs.
June 7, 2013 - KSLA-TV Shreveport
- Condoleezza Rice in Stuff.co.nz
We have to be very careful, as we are trying to move toward the establishment of a Palestinian state, (about) actions and statements that erode confidence,Rice said. "This is a very delicate time."
- Barack Obama in Health Service Journal
Mr Obama said: "I know there has been much discussion about what reform would cost, and rightly so. But let there be no doubt - the cost of inaction is greater. If we fail to act, premiums will climb higher, benefits will erode further, and the...