- v bite or chew on with the teeth
gnaw an old cracker
- v become ground down or deteriorate
- The claimed benefits of gingko have mostly been based on the supplement's antioxidant effects, which have been shown in lab studies but not in patients to gnaw away at the .
- Does that gnaw at you at all? No, it doesn't gnaw at me.
- Unfortunately, another faction is trying to gnaw away impartially at all of them, without regard to race, creed, color or state of mental health.
News & Articles
- Timbers' yardstick: Portland ready to take full three points in rematch vs. FC Dallas
PORTLAND, Ore. – It’s been building for more than a month. That’s how long the Portland Timbers have had to gnaw on their 1-1 draw at FC Dallas on May 8 , in which a controversial call late in the match led to the equalizing Dallas penalty kick.
June 14, 2013 - Major League Soccer
- Your Summer Party Guide To NSA Whistleblower Spying Small Talk
Summer cookouts and impromptu rooftop hangouts just got serious. Normally you could gnaw on a chicken bone and murmur something about "Citi Bike" while the beer line dissipated. But that was before Edward Snowden's unprecedented exposure of how the national security apparatus has been spying on innocent Americans, as well as his unusually courageous decision to reveal his identity. Now, things ...
June 10, 2013 - Gothamist
- Carl Edwards in International Herald Tribune
It doesn't gnaw at me,Edwards said. "Maybe it should, but what's done is done. I did the best things I thought I could do. There were just those couple of races that didn't go like we wanted them to. If Jimmie would have had a flat tire...
- President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in Javno.hr
We should not allow this menace to spread its tentacles, ruin our youth and gnaw on the integrity of our law enforcement institutions and our judicial systems,Arroyo said at the start of a weekly Cabinet meeting in Manila. "No other...
- Kathy Lette in The Canberra Times
The life of a mistress is one of misery,Lette wrote in an article for Britain's Daily Mail newspaper yesterday. "It also began to gnaw at my conscience that the more he described his wife, the more I felt I had in common with her."