- v kill in large numbers
- v destroy completely, as if down to the roots
- An East African village came together to eradicate from the roots a communicable disease.
- Hoarding by traders is a big embarrassment for the Government, given its resolve to eradicate poverty within the next 12 months.
- The public called for waste incinerators to be built to eradicate the trash.
News & Articles
- NBA Won’t Get Rid Of Flopping, Says Dirk Nowitzki
The NBA has been making an attempt to eradicate flopping from the game, but Dirk Nowitzki said it’s unlikely the league will will be able to get rid of it entirely. The league this year instituted retroactive fines for players caught embellishing contact in order to draw a foul. It was used sparingly during the [...] NBA Won’t Get Rid Of Flopping, Says Dirk Nowitzki is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 15, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Doc Rivers to Clippers 'far fetched,' according to report
Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge has already denied the Los Angeles Clippers the opportunity to speak with Doc Rivers about their head coaching job, and it appears that Ainge would willing to go even further to completely eradicate the "far-fetched" rumors, if necessary. Rivers has been linked to the Clippers , but he is under contract with the Celtics and set to enter the third year ...
June 14, 2013 - SB Nation
- FCBJ: Faulkner County to participate in nationwide cancer prevention study
The American Cancer Society's Epidemiology Research Program is conducting a nationwide study as part of its efforts to prevent, and ultimately eradicate, cancer.
June 14, 2013 - The Log Cabin Democrat
- Bud Selig in Times Online
I take this indictment very seriously and will follow its progress closely,Selig said. "It is important that the facts regarding steroid use in baseball be known. We will continue to work diligently to eradicate the use of all illegal...
- Abdullah Gul in International Herald Tribune
The time has come to remove the element that is a source of trouble,Gul said during the press conference. "We need to engage in a joint struggle to completely eradicate terrorism."