equipping : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of equiping with weapons in preparation for war
- v provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- v provide with abilities or understanding
- Re-wiring buildings became an expensive and drawn-out task, as did equipping their residents.
- Of more concern to East Africa's regional security, recent reports from north and south Sudan have suggested both sides are currently re-equipping their militaries.
- To this end she has been taking singing lessons and variously equipping herself.
News & Articles
- Bayer CropScience Donates $30,000 More to Benefit Canola-Growing Communities
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. -- via PRWEB - Replacing a school's leaky windows, equipping firefighters with grassland fire suits, outfitting a park's playground with materials that are safer for children ...
June 12, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Seekonk voters OK senior center costs
SEEKONK - Town meeting approved an appropriation of $386,600 Monday to pay additional costs of constructing, equipping and furnishing a new senior center.
June 12, 2013 - The Sun Chronicle
- eyeSight software uses standard cameras to power 3D gesture controls (video)
Turning regular ol' devices into motion-activated wonders is all the rage these days, and a company called eyeSight is determined to stand out from the pack. The brains behind eyeSight claim to have developed a purely software-based solution for equipping PCs, TVs and mobile devices with 3D gesture controls using existing standard cameras. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal, but it all comes ...
June 12, 2013 - Engadget
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
As President, I've made it a priority to strengthen our partnership with the Yemeni government-training and equipping their security forces, sharing intelligence and working with them to strike al Qaeda terrorists,Mr. Obama said in the...
- Hamid Karzai in AFP
With regard to training and equipping the Afghan security forces, five to 10 years will be enough,Karzai said. "With regard to sustaining them until Afghanistan is financially able to provide for our forces, the time will be extended to 10...
- Paul Wolfowitz in Forbes
If we succeed in implementing the agreement between us to speed up the equipping and providing weapons to our military forces, I think that within three to six months our need for the American troops will dramatically go down. That's on the... Nouri al-Maliki http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouri_al-Maliki&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFPNhjEURWKiY3vwCTaE4vwCLTQtQ Dallas Morning News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/011807dnintiraqmahdi.1af2ab7.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEm2xzRuL4PyO7hA-H1wpiIXxcJ-g Jan 17, 2007
33848 43227 equitable Wolfowitz told the board, You still have the opportunity to avoid long-term damage by resolving this matter in a fair and equitable way that recognizes that we all tried to do the right thing, however imperfectly we went about it."