- n the term of office of a bishop
- n the territorial jurisdiction of a bishop
- n the collective body of bishops
- n the office and dignity of a bishop
- The German episcopate, he declared, need not expect Austrians at the annual conference of bishops (mostly anti-Nazi) this month in Fulda.
- The Belgian episcopate ruled that any Catholic "who is capable of forming a well-founded judgment" on the birth control question "has the right to follow his conviction, provided .
- The Austrian episcopate dutifully commended rhythm or sexual abstinence as the "most proper means" of family planning.
News & Articles
- Archbishop Of Poland’s Catholic Church Blames Divorced Parents For Some Cases of Sex Abuse
Archbishop Of Catholic Church Blames Divorced Parents For Some Cases of Sex Abuse Religion Archbishop Jozef Michalik, the senior cleric in Poland’s Catholic Church says divorced parents of children are also to blame for some cases of sexual abuse, including those in which Catholic priests are involved. Michalik, head of Poland's Episcopate, says that sex abuse is the result of a child is ...
Oct. 10, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Rowan Williams in Reuters UK
Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, already battling to avoid a worldwide Anglican schism over gay clergy, told the synod: "I approach this from the position of someone who is committed to the ordination of women to the episcopate." "I...
- Pope Benedict XVI in The Guardian
I want to express, dear brother in the episcopate, as well as to all the bishops of Belgium, my closeness and solidarity in this moment of sadness, in which, with certain surprising and deplorable methods, searches were carried out,he said....
- Barry Morgan in Times Online
The Archbishop of Wales, Dr Barry Morgan said: "I do not personally see how, having agreed to ordaining women to both the diaconate and priesthood, the church can logically exclude women from the episcopate."