diocese : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the territorial jurisdiction of a bishop
- The Providence diocese owns $44 million in real estate, and income from its property finances a wide range of social services.
- Last week it was officially announced that Archbishop Coadjutor Jos Mara Bueno y Monreal, 51, has been permanently appointed Apostolic Administrator of the diocese, with all .
- He knows this because he has dealt with this problem before: in his own diocese of Belleville, Illinois, he cracked down on priests found guilty of sex abuse, eventually ousting 12 .
News & Articles
- Sacramento diocese buys Land Park funeral home
The Catholic diocese of Sacramento has purchased a funeral home in Land Park, making it only the fifth diocese in the nation to offer mortuary services.
June 13, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Diocese won't reinstate fired gay Ohio teacher
Diocese won't reinstate fired gay Ohio teacher COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The superintendent for a Roman Catholic Diocese has declined to reinstate a gay teacher who is challenging her firing by a Catholic school. Lucia McQuaide, the diocese's Superintendent of Education, informed Carla Hale in a June 6 letter that her decision follows her consideration "of all of the facts and circumstances."
June 11, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Diocese won’t reinstate gay teacher fired from Watterson
The school superintendent of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus has declined to reinstate a gay high-school teacher fired after she listed the name of her partner in a newspaper obituary, a lawyer said yesterday.
June 11, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Katharine Jefferts Schori in Washington Post
I do not need to remind you as well of the potential consequences of the direction in which you appear to be leading the Diocese of San Joaquin,Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, head of the US denomination, wrote in a letter Monday...
- Cardinal George Pell in Sydney Morning Herald
But the church's portion of the costs "might" be higher than anticipated, Cardinal Pell said, adding that "the church will pay whatever we need to pay". "They'll be no levy on any diocese. There'll be no levy on the Sydney parishes. We always...
- Henry Scriven in ABC News
I am delighted,Scriven said, "that what we have done today is bringing the Diocese of Pittsburgh back into the mainstream of worldwide Anglicanism."