environs : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the area in which something exists or lives
- n an outer adjacent area of any place
- v extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
- Rodriguez acknowledges Castelnaudary's status as the capital of cassoulet, but shudders at the sheer volume of the stuff generated in the town's environs: an average of 120 tons is .
- Born and bred in the affluent environs of north Dallas, Wilson was a rambunctious kid (he was expelled from school in 10th grade .
- It was a dream assignment, a chance to escape Washington and work in exotic environs on a big story.
News & Articles
- The longleaf partners
The Sewee Longleaf Conservation Cooperative formed in 2012 to promote the pine in the Lowcountry region around the Francis Marion National Forest, after the forest and nearby environs were named one of 16 of the last remaining significant landscapes of the pine.
June 16, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- San Diego River Park Master Plan Flows On
(Mission Valley News, San Diego, CA) – There was a positive reaction in Mission Valley and environs to the City Council’s unanimous passage in May of the San Diego River Park Master Plan guiding futur
June 14, 2013 - Mission Times Courier
- ‘Pandora’s Promise’ Advocates Nuclear Energy
Early in “Pandora’s Promise,” Mark Lynas, a British environmental activist, walks around the ghostly environs of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan, near the second-worst nuclear disaster in history.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Robert Gates in AFP
Here in the environs of Kandahar, you're in an area that once again is going to be important,Gates told troops from the Fifth Stryker Brigade Combat Team, who suffered heavy losses last year.
- Laurent Nkunda in AFP
The statement, signed by the rebel leader Laurent Nkunda, said the intention was "not to panic the population of Goma as well as those who are in displaced persons camps in the immediate environs of the city."
- Jan Egeland in ReliefWeb (press release)
(New York, 2 June 2006): "The recent indiscriminate shelling in Mogadishu and spreading fighting in the environs of the capital have resulted in enormous human suffering. At a time when people most need medical care and surgical attention, the...