envy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
- n spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- v feel envious towards; admire enviously
- v be envious of; set one's heart on
- A new study shows that dogs experience a simple form of what was once thought to be a very human emotion: envy.
- As their colleagues watched with a mix of wonder and envy, they showed how their gizmo, which was dubbed a transistor, could take an electric current, amplify it and switch it on .
- The terms psychologists toss around to describe these feelings include survivor's guilt (why him and not me?), survivor's envy (thinking you might be better off gone too) and .
News & Articles
- Applebee's tackles 'food envy'
KUSA - Half of American restaurant-goers admit to experiencing "Food Envy" - feelings of jealousy, remorse or insecurity - about how their order compares to those around them when they dine out, according to a recent survey conducted by Applebee's restaurants, America's favorite neighborhood grill and bar.
June 28, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- Deal of the Day – HP ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j000 Quad Edition Core i7 “Haswell” touchscreen laptop
Thursday’s LogicBUY Deal is the configurable 15.6? HP ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j000 Quad Edition notebook with “Haswell” CPU, starting at $774.99. Features: Intel 4th-gen Core i7-4700MQ 2.3GHz Quad-core CPU 8GB RAM 1TB hard drive, card reader 15.6? 1366 X 768 LED-backlit touch LCD 802.11n WiFi HD Webcam Four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI Windows 8 Beats Audio with [...]
June 27, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- Massage Envy Spa Berkeley Heights Proud to Be Part of the Berkeley Heights Street Fair on Sunday, June 30th
Massage Envy tent will feature massages and free skin consultations. (PRWeb June 24, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10847433.htm
June 24, 2013 - PRWeb
- Simon Crean in Finance Markets (blog)
Mr Crean added that the country's employment is the "envy of most of our major trading partners."
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in USA Today
Iran is after the peaceful use of nuclear energy and we will strongly pursue and reach it despite the envy of our enemies,Khamenei said at a ceremony Tuesday honoring the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- Mel Gussow in New York Times
As the Declaration's parchment has yellowed with age, America has become a rich nation whose ideals and economy have been the envy of the world. We have faced down many enemies at home and abroad. But one of the most dangerous threats confronting... Saxby Chambliss http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxby_Chambliss&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHawoEeyNDfmthYQedBfcCOrOo4rg TPMDC (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/obama-gop-senators-using-their-power-to-hold-this-relief-hostage.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGbVlgVFBALmNjYlRp7hHi9AmGgnw Jul 3, 2010
33610 42840 enwrapped The words tumble so fast, enwrapped in alliteration, clogged with onomatopoeia, choked with assonance, bursting with bombast, snarled with metaphor, tangled with simile, submerged in verbiage that the bombarded audience (and reviewer at a critics'...