enemy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an opposing military force
the enemy attacked at dawn
- n an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force)
- n any hostile group of people
he viewed lawyers as the real enemy
- n a personal enemy
- A Defense Department report warns of the possibility that exotic drugs or implants could create a fearsome new enemy.
- The body of a suspected Taliban fighter lies in a pickup truck; he had been killed in an ambush on the outskirts of Ghazni in March Tallying the enemy's dead as a metric of .
- They "stand up" al-Qaeda as the enemy in Iraq, he said, even behind closed doors.
News & Articles
- Public Enemy uses BitTorrent to crowd-source remix for new track
It takes a nation of millions … to make Public Enemy’s next remix.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Public Enemy backs BitTorrent, releases new single in a Bundle, announces remix contest for fans
BitTorrent announced its new file format, the Bundle , just over a month ago, giving artists new tools to control content distributed P2P. Now, Public Enemy is one of the first to take advantage of those features by releasing its latest single as a Bundle and announcing a BitTorrent-based remix contest. Downloading the torrent gets you a copy of "Get Up Stand Up," and giving Chuck D and his ...
June 20, 2013 - Engadget
- Public Enemy teams up with BitTorrent to promote sharing and remixing
Always wanted to get a chance to remix a Public Enemy track? Now you can, thanks to a cooperation between the hip hop pioneers and BitTorrent.
June 19, 2013 - GigaOM
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
Bush said that "to step back now would force a collapse of the Iraqi government. ...... Such a scenario would result in our troops being forced to stay in Iraq even longer and confront an enemy that is even more lethal."
- Barack Obama in ABC News
We can't afford to make perfect the enemy of the absolutely necessary,Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address, sounding a note of pragmatism that liberal followers rarely heard on the campaign trail.
- Michael Mukasey in International Herald Tribune
I'm disappointed with the decision, in so far as I understand that it will result in hundreds of actions challenging the detention of enemy combatants to be moved to federal district court,Mukasey said at a Group of Eight meeting of justice...