endosperm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n nutritive tissue surrounding the embryo within seeds of flowering plants
- For while rice, like other green plants, contains light-trapping beta-carotene in its external tissues, it does not produce beta-carotene in its endosperm (the starchy interior .
- Finely milling the grains produces a flour that lacks the bran and the germ, leaving only the endosperm behind.
- Have you analyzed the starch content of the endosperm, the inner, meaty layer? Have you compared the ratios of expanded to original volumes of various kernels?.
News & Articles
- Multigrain not the same as whole grain
Dear Holly,What is a whole grain, and how do I make sure I‘m eating them?Goodness GrainsDear Goodness Grains,A whole grain has three parts: the endosperm, bran and germ.
March 20, 2014 - The Oxford Press