- v advance beyond the usual limit
- v impinge or infringe upon
- Petty shops had encroached the sidewalk and the result was that the pedestrians were forced to walk on the road.
- The ordinance was bad in law as it encroached on the powers of the executive.
- This non-compete agreement encroaches on my right to livelihood.
News & Articles
- Project seeks permission to occupy parking and sidewalk for two years
The developers behind an infill project that will soon take over a downtown Aspen corner are asking the city for permission to eat up half a block of parking and encroach onto the street for approximately two years. read more
June 17, 2013 - Aspen Daily News
- Before Midnight shows how love can sweeten over time
Richard Linklater's Before Sunrise (1995) and Before Sunset (2004) became touchstones of modern romantic cinema by capturing the optimism of people in their 20s and the regrets that begin to encroach in their 30s. Intercontinental lovers Celine (Julie Delpy) and Jesse (Ethan Hawke) meet on a train in the first film and reunite during a book tour in the second.
June 15, 2013 - Isthmus
- Douglas County opens doors to evacuated horses
Local equestrian organizations and volunteers are taking in horses displaced by a wildfire that continues to encroach on Douglas County.
June 13, 2013 - Parker Chronicle
- Steve Bruce in Sportinglife.com
But Bruce said: "In my opinion we were robbed. It is a joke that we have not come away from this match with something. The referee got the first booking for Valencia wrong. The Liverpool player took the kick, and Valencia did not encroach towards it...
- Vladimir Putin in Xinhua
Russia initiated the end of the former Soviet Union. If it wasn't for Russia, the USSR would still exist...... We have no wish or grounds to encroach on the sovereignty of former Soviet republics,Putin said at a Valdai Discussion Club meeting...
- Pete Sessions in Think Progress
It's about diminishing the free-enterprise system,said Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) of the reforms. "It's about creating larger government that will encroach upon every single one of us and ultimately crush us."