enclosure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a structure consisting of an area that has been enclosed for some purpose
- n the act of enclosing something inside something else
- n a naturally enclosed space
- n something (usually a supporting document) that is enclosed in an envelope with a covering letter
- And in the New York City Presbyterian church that Lynn designed with Douglas Garofalo and Michael McInturf, metal stairway enclosures course along the exterior in dynamic, rolling .
- Officials were perplexed as to why she entered the enclosure.
- When the insects were dumped into the enclosure, they scrambled around randomly for a while, but eventually all huddled under the same shelter.
News & Articles
- 'Invisibility Cloak' Hides Cats and Fish
A fish swims into an enclosure and disappears, while the pondweed behind remains perfectly visible. A cat climbs into a glass box and vanishes, and again the scene behind the box remains visible through the glass. This latest addition to the science of invisibility cloaks is one of the simplest implementations so far, but there’s no denying its striking impact. [More]
June 11, 2013 - Scientific American
- AutomationDirect Expands Enclosure Air Conditioner Offering
AutomationDirect has expanded its Stratus™ line of enclosure air conditioners to include 480V models. Heat inside an enclosure can decrease life expectancy in controlling units such as PLCs, HMI, and AC drives. Excessive heat can cause nuisance faults from electrical and electronic components, circuit breakers and fuses. Stratus enclosure air conditioners can help alleviate such problems ...
June 10, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Sea lion escapes enclosure at SeaWorld
A sea lion at SeaWorld Orlando was caught on camera making a run for it. +Watch: Sea lion escapes enclosure at SeaWorld
June 10, 2013 - WESH 2 Orlando
- Darren Clarke in Reuters.uk
A thrilled Clarke, who lost his wife Heather to cancer two years ago, said: "It was always going to be a difficult hurdle for me to get back into the winner's enclosure after Heather passed away. But to turn around and make a brilliant last and win...
- Sunil Gavaskar in AFP
I stood hidden in the players' enclosure and had my first glimpse of the genius of Sachin Tendulkar,Gavaskar wrote in his Hindustan Times column under the headline "A talent designed by God himself". "He played a couple of forcing...
- Bernard Tschumi in USA Today
The glass enclosure of the gallery provides ideal light for sculpture in direct view to and from the historical reference point of the Acropolis,US-based architect Bernard Tschumi, who designed the museum, wrote in a promotional leaflet.