encoding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the activity of converting data or information into code
- v convert information into code
- No codes were compromised; indeed, none could have been because encoding is done by computers that, in effect, change their combination every one hundred-thousandth of a second.
- A cell on the tongue, for instance, may express genes encoding proteins required for taste sensation, while an immune cell battling infection churns out proteins lethal to bugs.
- Early in his public feud with the Army last month, Joe McCarthy triumphantly charged that the Signal Corps had a Communist named Annie Lee Moss encoding and decoding "top-secret".
- Brian Johnson in WELT ONLINE
The genome sequences of these highly productive oilseed crops will enable the in-depth understanding of genes encoding for plant yield and health and foster the development of improved plant varieties. We are also characterizing the important... Craig Venter http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Venter&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFv7NIOYdIBqau1UfQNuqg2umemfg StreetInsider.com (subscription) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.streetinsider.com/Press%2BReleases/First%2BDraft%2Bof%2BOil%2BPalm%2BGenome%2BCompleted%2Bby%2BSynthetic%2BGenomics%2BInc%2Band%2BAsiatic%2BCentre%2Bfor%2BGenome%2BTechnology/3674263.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCN May 20, 2008
32874 42194 encoding With video-capability proliferating in so many electronics applications, the ability to convert video to a common high-quality format is a must," said Brian Johnson, director, technical marketing at Mobilygen. "The outstanding encoding...
- Window Snyder in SecurityFocus
The patch enables percent-encoding for spaces and double-quotes in URIs handed off to external programs,Mozilla's chief security officer Window Snyder said in a post to the Mozilla Security Blog. "This reduces the risk of malicious data...