- v order by virtue of superior authority; decree
the legislature enacted this law in 1985
- v act out; represent or perform as if in a play
She reenacted what had happened earlier that day
- Our focus must be clear: enact policies to create jobs today.
- Catholic legislators make policy and could be so instructed, but judges, as Scalia wrote, had "no moral responsibility for the laws their nation has failed to enact.
- Though confronted with a growing climate crisis, the nation has struggled to find scalable, society-wide solutions--and the political will to enact them.
News & Articles
- Bloomberg to donors: Stop supporting Democrats against background checks
(CNN) – Michael Bloomberg's quest to enact stricter gun control measures continued Wednesday with a request from the billionaire New York City mayor to top Democratic donors: Stop supporting Senate incumbents who voted against a measure in April that would have bolstered background check requirements on gun sales. Those Democratic senators – Mark Begich of […]
June 12, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Maine Lawmakers Push Hard for GMO Food Labels
No GMO Wheaties Connecticut made an official vow to enact legislation requiring GMO labels last week, but with the stipulation that it wouldn't become law until four other states — including one that shares a border — passed similar laws. New York may be down for the count , but now Maine has stepped up to the plate with a bill of its own, and owing to strong bipartisan support, it went through ...
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Manuel Neuer voices character in German version of Pixar’s Monsters University
For Franck Ribery, the best way to wind down after Bayern Munich's epic treble-winning season is to re-enact his favorite scenes from Miami Vice on his speedboat. Teammate Manuel Neuer, however, will spend the summer as a filmstar, as his … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- Michael Bloomberg in Reuters
She has actively opposed the efforts of New York City, and cities around the state and nation, to enact common-sense measures that keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals,Bloomberg said in a statement.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I realize there are those who say these plans are too ambitious to enact,Obama said. "To that I say that the challenges we face are too large to ignore. I didn't come here to pass on our problems to the next president or the next...
- Charles Schumer in Workforce Management
No matter what happens, we're going to enact health care reform by the end of the year,Schumer said.