emptor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Eminem might as well have "caveat emptor" tattooed on his forehead; any album that starts with "I'm Slim Shady and I'm going to kill you" should be taken with a heavy dose of .
- Perhaps it's American to take caveat emptor as our creed, to let the junk food we so clearly love flow freely into the marketplace--and if you can't be bothered to hunt up some .
- The best element of business has long decided that honesty should govern competitive enterprises and the rule of caveat emptor should not be relied upon to reward fraud and .
- JD Hayworth in CNN Political Ticker (blog)
I always say about any product or service, one of the staples I learned growing up is 'caveat emptor' - 'buyer beware,'Hayworth said. "I think that is a given in any commercial endeavor. I would certainly hope in this one."
- David Dodge in 940 News
The guiding principle must be caveat emptor (buyer beware)," Dodge told a business group in London England.
- William Delahunt in The Patriot Ledger
What we're trying to do, in terms of financial products, we're trying to end the concept of caveat emptor, 'buyer beware,'Delahunt said. "This watchdog would be (created) to ensure that the financial products that are issued are safe."