employee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a worker who is hired to perform a job
- Some public-employee pension plans are well managed and adequately funded.
- Another survey, by employee-benefits experts Towers Perrin, says that among employers who don't yet have programs in place, 33% plan to start one and 23% say they will introduce or .
- Blockbuster introduced payroll cards to its corporate employees last December and is seeking to expand the program to its 60,000 store employees.
News & Articles
- Employee arrested in Burger King break-in, theft
A Burger King employee was arrested on suspicion of breaking into one of its Burlington restaurants recently and stealing money.
June 21, 2013 - WXII-TV Winston-Salem
- Montco employee waives hearing on theft charges
A Montgomery County law library employee, accused of putting her daughter’s college textbooks on the county tab, waived her preliminary hearing on Friday.
June 21, 2013 - The Intelligencer
- Employee seeks $200,000 in lawsuit
A Clayton County sheriff's employee who was videotaped in the bathroom by a co-worker has filed a $200,000 lawsuit against the sheriff's office, alleging she was humiliated and embarrassed.
June 20, 2013 - Clayton News Daily
- Bart Stupak in New York Times
We have learned that time and again BP officials had warning signs that this was, as one employee put it, 'a nightmare well,'said Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Chairman Bart Stupak (D-Mich.). "They made choices that set safety...
- Danny Jordaan in postzambia.com
A furious local organising committee CEO Danny Jordaan said: "This is an employer-employee wage dispute. Although we have respect for workers' rights, we find it unacceptable for them to disrupt match-day proceedings and will not hesitate to take...
- Scott Harshbarger in Washington Post
We did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff involved; in fact, no action, illegal or otherwise, was ever taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers,Harshbarger said in a statement. "Instead, the...